Re: Win32.Sircam.Worm Alert.....

From: Nicolas Gregoire (nicolas.gregoireat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:22:10 PDT

    "Eric D. Williams" wrote :

    > I suspect this worm alters extensions as
    > well, I am sure (and hope) someone will post a dissection of this worm to the
    > list after they receive a full copy.

    No dissecation , sorry :)

    Just a few notes :
    - the extensions I have seen are .pif, .bat, .com, .exe, .lnk
    - the worm wraps a document from the MyDocuments folder in a file
    containing the executable virus and send it to emails adresses found in
    *.wab (windows adresses books) and Temporary Internet Files
    - title of the mail = filename without extensions
    - how to detect/reject it the mail server (Postfix only ):
    - how to extract the "stolen" file :
    	dd if=file.xls.bat bs=512 skip=268 of=file.xls

    Nicob