Re: Telnetd exploit for solaris

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 15:36:32 PDT

    From: Alfred Huger <ahat_private>
    Subject: Multiple Vendor Telnetd Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Worm
    Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:35:10 -0600 (MDT)
    Heya all,

    There is apparently a worm in circulation which exploits the Multiple
    Vendor Telnetd Buffer Overflow Vulnerability BID 3064:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/3064

    The ARIS Analyst Team are actively looking for a copy of this worm, "x.c"
    should you have a copy of it and be willing to shoot it this way we would
    deeply appreciate it. Any research we perform will posted directly back to
    the list(s) for public consumption.

    VP Engineering
    SecurityFocus
    "Vae Victis"

    Looks like exploits are just starting to hit the wild.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne