Re: Telnetd exploit for solaris

From: sween (sweenat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 04:03:36 PDT

    On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, fintler wrote:
    > Now why would you possible want something like that...if you were an

    sooooo you can drive an industry and root somebody's solaris machine and
    prove to SOMEONE's company that this computer security bullshit isn't just
    a fad and that are not wasting 60K a year for a "security" expert to hover
    over security focus mailing lists and apply patches to expensive operating
    systems that were shipped broken in the first place.

    this industry needs an old fashioned ass whoopin.

    You owe script kiddies... BIG TIME.

    GET OFF MY LIST.

    > --- Labkonto <ppht-15at_private> wrote:
    > > Anyone here that developed an exploit
    > > for the Telnetd buffer overflow on solaris,
    > > or know where to get one?
    > >

    > > // pp

    admin, you'd just patch your