Re: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: Markus Kern (markus-kernat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 03:05:07 PDT

    Blue Boar wrote:

    > Clearly, I've got a bunch of people who insist on having this out.
    > I looks like Code Green may now be in the wild.

    I just looked at Code Green again and didn't find any self destruction
    mechanism. Is there anyone who can confirm this?
    Since Code Green patches the systems but runs infinitely we're left with
    a state where all the boxen are fixed but we still have all the network
    traffic. Though this might be mitigated by the fact that many personal
    computers are infected which are restarted more frequently than servers.

    regards,
    Markus Kern