Re: Telnetd exploit for solaris

From: Gerard Palma (gerard.palmaat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 08:49:27 PDT

    Well my 2cents worth is that script kiddies are working with known
    vulnerabilities, using exploits written by some one else. So the
    problem  has to be the vulnerability in the software and the people who
    write the  exploit.

    By the time its public script available on the web the software should
    be patched.

    The real issues, which is why bugtraq is important is that people have
    to keep in touch with whats
    happening. Keeping upto date is the battle half won, especially against
    script kiddies.