RE: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: Stanley G. Bubrouski (stanat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 14:18:48 PDT

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Vachon, Scott wrote:

    > > Article: Subject : Experts Reject Code Red II 'Cleanup Worm' Plan
    > >
    > > http://www.dsinet.org/?id=1654
    > >

    > Hmm, All these "Experts" own or work for companies that "sell" security in
    > some fashion. Of course they reject it. They lose money if folks start
    > fixing things for free ! If I ONLY had a choice of strangers compromising my
    > systems with destructive goals in mind, or those compromising them and
    > patching vulnerabilities, I would choose the latter.

    I don't work for a security company.  It costs us nothing to fix employees
    machines.  It costs us if we have to reimage their machine, because a worm
    that "meant well" screwed it up.

    > ~S~
    >
    > Disclaimer: My own two cents.

    Regards,

    Stan

    --
    Stan Bubrouski                                       stanat_private
    23 Westmoreland Road, Hingham, MA 02043        Cell:   (617) 835-3284