More on the Worm

From: Aj Effin Reznor (ajat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 11:52:37 PDT

    Seems this may also be hitting somehow on/over SAMBA.

    A colleague (Alien8) had this to say about his SGI Indy
    with SAMBA running:

    "I started seeing a printout (w/no actual print command)
    of the file (not sure why) and realized it was coming
    from my indy... there was all sorts of traffic so i ran
    tcpdump, and then turned off samba alltogether and it
    nearly disappeared (the traffic)"

    -aj.