Re: pop3 exploit????

From: dan.ellisat_private
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 09:22:36 PDT

    On 10/15/2001 02:09:41 PM "John Thornton" wrote:

    >With that said, one of the things that I do as a Network Administrator is
    >nslookup on each address that scans my network. This will tell you a lot
    >about who is attacking you.

    Of course, don't trust that information without either checking the forward
    resolution matches, or looking up the address at the appropriate registry
    (ARIN/RIPE/APNIC).

    --
    Dan Ellis, Software Engineer                              Sophos Anti-Virus
    email: dan.ellisat_private                           http://www.sophos.com