Re: Civil Disobedience

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 10:52:26 PDT

    <snip to make this shorter>

    Well, as a sysadmin and grey-hat hacker (not cracker) I'd like to say
    this... If anyone does abide by this, please do install some sort of alert
    system like ARIS to collect our knowledge about these news attempts and
    stuff. It is my understanding that John doesn't want the companies to
    report the individuals to the ISPs and governmental agencies. This is a
    good idea, however it still needs to be reported because new stuff comes up
    all the time. What if this was sooner and CodeRed came out and no one
    decided to report anything?

    My point is this: knowing that the FBI is first of all is swamped with
    other physical claims of attacks, why should we be bothering them with
    Internet stuff when we are capable of doing it ourselves? The lists of
    users on bugtraq and others are huge, there is much more expertise here
    than the government will ever set a finger on.

    I'm all for what John is saying, however the reports of break ins should
    not be reported to the g'ovt, but to the lists- and the people in the lists
    should be more communicative to assist the afflicted company so that new
    attacks could be fended off like mace to a pack of wild badgers.

    please forgive any grammatical and spelling errors, this message was
    written in haste (lunch time:P).
    ==================================
    Russell Handorf
    oooo, shiney ::Wanders after it::

    www.russells-world.com
    www.inside-aol.com
    www.terrorists.net
    www.bad-mother-fucker.org
    www.philly2600.net

    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
    to repetitive music." ~unknown