Re: [ALERT] Remote File Execution By Web or Mail: Internet Explorer

From: Mariusz Mazur (mariuszat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 11:09:46 PST

    On 2001-11-21 hush.little.babyat_private wrote the folowyng:

    [moderator: since this will probably cause many people to start the nda
    vs full disclosure debate so I guess you won't let it trough. So if you
    don't, it would be nice to give a tip to the list.]

    Ok... So we know that there is a bug... It's a critical one, ppl can
    "turn it off" by editing something in the registry and Microsoft is
    working hard to fix it. Oh... and we know that for the next 60 days some
    people can cause some damage to me and I have no way to protect myself.

    Is this just me or maybe more people think that releasing this
    "advisory" (though this should be called "intimidator") was completely
    irresponsible and plain stupid?

    hlbhc> NOMEN NESCIO SECURITY ALERT #9000989 666

    hlbhc> Topic: Remote File Execution By Web or Mail: Internet Explorer

    hlbhc> Severity: Critical

    hlbhc> Datum: 2001-11-21

    ---snip---

    --
    Mariusz Mazur
    "One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"