Re: [ALERT] Remote File Execution By Web or Mail: Internet Explorer

From: Thomas Schweikle (tschweikleat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:37:29 PST

    > Ok... So we know that there is a bug... It's a critical one,
    > ppl can "turn it off" by editing something in the registry
    > and Microsoft is working hard to fix it. Oh... and we know
    > that for the next 60 days some people can cause some damage
    > to me and I have no way to protect myself.
    >
    > Is this just me or maybe more people think that releasing
    > this "advisory" (though this should be called "intimidator")
    > was completely irresponsible and plain stupid?

    No, never! Since they knew about a vulnerability and they
    classified it beeing "critical" they are responsive for
    all damage beeing done by this particular vulnerability.
    Especially since they have a workaround.

    Fine. I do have one who is willing to pay for all damage!
    I think they are nice people. Aren't they?

    --
    Thomas