Re: Apache HTTPD's magical behavior

From: Ryan Yagatich (ryanyat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 11:55:41 PST

    Russell:
    	I'm sorry if there is any confusion, however these 2 URL's are
    different. backbone.sourceforge.com is redirected to 'sourceforge.net'and
    backbone.sourceforge.net has directory browsing available anyways. by
    attempting to access: backbone.sourceforge.com/mrtg-2.8.12/ I get a 404.
    when trying to access backbone.sourceforge.net/mrtg-2.8.12/ I show up with
    "Index of...."

    when attempting to add .. to the directory, obviously i get
    backbone.sourceforge.net's directory because its browseable anyways.

    Could you please explain further on any other findings?

    Thanks,
    Ryan Yagatich