Re: Apache HTTPD's magical behavior

From: Doru Petrescu (pdoruat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 12:02:21 PST

    ok, so ? ... I don't see the problem ...

    at least with your example you get exactly the same thing, that is the '/'
    but DO have access to it without the '/../' trick ... so you are actualy
    stilling your own hat ... :-)

    it seems to me that apache will FIRST rewrite the URL
    from http://host/dir1/dir2/../ to http://host/dir1/
    and THEN lookup the result into the disk ...

    so, if you try http://dtp.kappa.ro/x/../ you will get the
    http://dtp.kappa.ro/ even if 'x' dir doesn't exists ...

    it seems to me like a feature: apache first cleans up the URI ...

    as I said ... I don't see the problem ...

    Best regards,
    ------
    Doru Petrescu
    KappaNet - Senior Software Engineer
    E-mail: pdoruat_private		 LINUX - the choice of the GNU generation