BitchX Segmentation Fault

From: NETKOJI (netkojiat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 13:16:42 PST

    Hello vuln-dev,

    I don't know if this is a widely known thing, but recently I.. um...
    discovered a segmentation fault bug in every BitchX irc client I've
    encountered.
    The problem occurs when you try to change your nick during a connection
    to the server. If you do it before the server registeres your nick,
    BitchX drops with a segfault.
    I don't know if this is exploitable... just wanted to let you know. :)
    I tested this on RedHat 6.2 and Slackware 8.0

    	NETKOJI

    --

    Tego nie znajdziesz w zadnym sklepie!
    [ http://oferty.onet.pl ]