Re: CSS, CSS & let me give you some more CSS

From: Frog Frog (leseulfrogat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 14:25:52 PST

    Nice... I just want to say that there is a tutoriel in french about cross
    site scripting : http://balteam.multimania.com/Tuts/css.txt .
    If you have additions or advices, please send them to me...  Thx :)

    >From: "- phinegeek -" <phineat_private>
    >To: vuln-devat_private
    >Subject: CSS, CSS & let me give you some more CSS
    >Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:31:21 -0800
    >
    >A little while back I posted some info on a CSS bug I found on ebay,
    >http://securityfocus.com/archive/82/246275.
    >Just about every site(not joking) you go to has this type of vulnerability,
    >its nothing new. Luckily, CSS vulns are very easy to fix, after they are
    >discovered.
    >However, you shouldn't have to wait until your site is prefixed with "Cross
    >Site Scripting" on a Bugtraq posting. These types of errors, as well as
    >many other similar(but less threatening) types are the product of careless
    >programming practices.
    >All you need is a method(call it SecureHTML()) that you run all your input
    >through, before it gets displayed back to the user. This method would be
    >used throughout your site in a modularized fashion.
    >Isn't this how we should be doing it anyway???
    >This simple principle can also be used for input that becomes part of an
    >SQL statement(call it SecureSQL()) to guard against sql injection.
    >Just modularize your code folks and make sure all your developers use the
    >methods when dealing with input.
    >Its really that simple.
    >This is also not new, I guess you could call it prevention?
    >
    >and heres some fun.. alot of Security issues =]
    >
    >Security Focus:
    >http://securityfocus.com/
    >(copy and paste the text below in the search box just like it is)
    >CSS OR "><SCRIPT><!-- ..tsk tsk tsk.. --></SCRIPT>"
    >
    >Digital Security:
    >http://www.eeye.com/html/forms/recommend.html?u=eeye.com/>alert('Digital+Security?');</SCRIPT>
    >
    >Internet Security:
    >http://www.iss.net/search.php?pattern=>alert('Internet+Security?');</script>
    >
    >Linux Security:
    >http://search.linuxsecurity.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?words="><script>alert('Linux+Security?')</script>
    >
    >Macintosh Security:
    >http://www.macintoshsecurity.com/search.php?query="><SCRIPT>alert('Macintosh+Security?')</SCRIPT>
    >
    >Social Security??:
    >http://www.ssa.gov/online/forms.html
    >(copy and paste the text below in the search box just like it is)
    >Social Security <SCRIPT>alert('Social Security?');</SCRIPT>
    >

    >'phine
    >
    >p.s. none of the sites above have been notified.
    >If I were to tell them, I would feel guilty and have to tell the others I
    >know about(too many), then I would have to quit my night job.

    >This email was sent through the free email service at
    >http://www.anonymous.to/
    >To report abuse, please visit our website and click 'Contact Us.'

    MSN Photos est le moyen le plus simple de partager et imprimer vos photos :
    http://photos.msn.fr/Support/WorldWide.aspx