Re: Looking for old Interbase proof-of-concept exploit

From: Stephen (sa7oriat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 07:02:17 PST

    I am not sure of an "exploit" per se. However, in my experience, many
    interbase dbas have upgraded interbase which claims to have fixed the
    backdoor. However, when the upgrades are performed, it has been my
    experience that they do not alter the DEFAULT account that is:
    sysdba
    masterkey
    so this is something you might want to keep in mind.
    additionally, Interbase requires that you create users with the Server
    Manager. I dont believe the console admin util allows account creation.
    As far as an "exploit" I am not sure, but with the sql admin account I am
    sure it might simly be as easy as loading a blob or object and filling it
    with text from a local file, say: /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow-.
    I dunno, just and idea.