Looking for old Interbase proof-of-concept exploit

From: Charles 'core' Stevenson (coreat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 04:39:54 PST

    Hi,

    I was reading up on the old Interbase hardcoded backdoor and I'm not
    sure how to go about writing some code to interface with the server and
    perform authentication and execute arbitrary commands. I wondered if
    anyone has created a proof-of-concept exploit or if not has any
    information on the protocol that could help me create my own.

    Here's the hardcoded backdoor account information:

    #define LOCKSMITH_USER "politically"
    #define LOCKSMITH_PASSWORD "correct"

    The server runs on port 3050. It is sometimes spawned from inetd:

    #gds_db  stream  tcp     nowait.30000      root
    /usr/local/sbin/gds_inet_server gds_inet_server # InterBase Database
    Remote Server

    From reading the documentation I gather that it no longer needs to be
    run through inetd. I was able to spawn the server by locally running it
    with the '-d' flag.