Re: chaging your @home IP address... could you take a bunch ofthem....probably... could you get something from it...maybe

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 22:09:55 PST

    Yes and no on that one. I do know for certain Comcast allows for the home
    installation, but I don't know about RoadRunner or AT&T Broadband (I
    believe they still require a technician to come in with a preconfig'ed modem).

    I haven't gotten a change to examine the contents of the Comcast home
    installation kit- but I do know I was denied being able to use it because
    myself not having digital cable service at the time (obviously a prerequisite).

    As for the other issues that lye with their migration from the Excite@home
    network to their private one, there are typical vulnerabilities that people
    would see with a default config of a DHCP server. More will be discussed soon.

    Russ

    At 09:52 PM 2/5/2002 -0800, you wrote:
    >vuln-devat_private

    Russell Handorf
    oooo, shiney ::Wanders after it::

    www.russells-world.com
    www.philly2600.net

    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
    to repetitive music." ~unknown