RE: vim error?

From: Michael Wojcik (Michael.Wojcikat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 10:37:23 PST

    [I've removed BUGTRAQ from the copy list, as this isn't a bug, and
    Security-Basics, as I'm not subscribed to it.  BB, feel free to copy this
    note to either or both of those lists if you think that's appropriate.]

    The short answer is that no, this isn't a bug; everything's working the way
    it's supposed to.

    For the long answer, read a good discussion of Unix process control,
    particularly the bits about controlling terminals, process groups, and
    sessions.  Stevens' _Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment_ would do.
    You could also try eg the FAQ list from comp.unix.programmer.

    Michael Wojcik
    Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus
    Department of English, Miami University