Re: Encryption Algorithm Footprint

From: Robert Freeman (freem100at_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 10:33:35 PST

    Perhaps it is RC2-128 CBC. The first block will utilize a specified
    "initialization vector" whereas subsequent encrypted block are XOR'd with
    data from the previous block prior to encryption. Therefore if you have a
    captured packet, you need to take into account the block chaining.

    You can always do some data-mining on your binary. Often a lot can be
    determined with a simple hex editor and a dissembler.

    Happy Chinese New Year too!

    Regards,
    Robert Freeman