Pgp.com was exposing ... information.

From: c c (cesarc56at_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:57:55 PST

    Original post (02/01/2002)

    <Cut Here------------------------
    Blue Boar:

    Hi. This post is similart to DeveloperStore...
    Ok. I post this to alert people, people must see how
    companies handle security and to educate people too.
    I think you do a great job alerting microsoft last
    time, it would have been nice to me get the same
    attention of microsoft. Now i have found this, i
    contact pgp.com but i don't get any response and the
    hole still exist. Maybe you want to contact and alert
    them. I use resources that i have to make contact. I
    can't afford an internation telephone call. It's up to
    you decide what to do with this post. It will be right
    any kind of action you take.

    Thanks.
    Regards.

    ---------------0-------------Cut Here--->

    Pgp.com selling security, showing insecurity.

    A hole in a script page in pgp.com, allow the
    ejecution of arbitrary sql commands.

    http://www.pgp.com/naicommon/partners/tsp-seek/latam/resellers/resellers.asp?Country=')%20%20union%20all%20select%201,2,3,4,5,srvname,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22%20from%20master.dbo.sysservers--

    If this exists it maybe have little brothers.

    This occurs for lack of input validation... I think no
    more explain is necesary.

    I filled last thursday (01/24/2002) this form :

    http://www.pgp.com/aboutus/contactus/report.asp

    I didn't check the field "I do not require a
    response."

    then i submited and this message was displayed:

    	Report a problem

    	Thank you. Your suggestion has been sent.

    	We try our best to respond within 3 business days.

    Today (02/01/2002) i'm still waiting for a response or
    the hole fixed.

    When i was constructing the sample exploit url
    (01/29/2002)  , i hope to fire some IDS, Database
    alarms, in order
    they saw it and fix the problem but i had no luck. I
    raised almost 30 errors and no alarm was fired, i
    think.
    Or maybe alarms were fired but anybody check them.

    Conclusions:

    This company has a lot of work to do in securing their
    sites.
    It seems that there aren't IDS or ...nothing. So any
    hacker it's free to play in their sites without
    being caught. This is an example of a company that say
    :
    "Do what i Say, not what i Do."

    I don't remember what the last "P" stand for? Maybe
    Privacy?

    ------------------------0--------------------------

    What happens:

    Blue Boar deny the post,he told me that he have
    contacted someone at NAI and he was going
    to prod them for a couple of business day and then he
    will ask me to repost. I Agreed and waited. Everyday i
    checked and the hole was still there until yestarday
    that the sample link didn't work but i get an sql
    error message, at first i was confused because if they
    have changed the script they must fixed it, but
    instead of fixed it they trick the script to filter
    some characteres but i could exploit the hole anyway.
    The script filtered the next chars "--","=",";" and
    others. So the sample link get an error, but they
    didn't filter "'","like","(",")" and others so the
    hole could be exploited again :

    http://www.pgp.com/naicommon/partners/tsp-seek/latam/resellers/resellers.asp?Country=')%20union%20all%20select%201,2,3,4,5,srvname,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22%20from%20master.dbo.sysservers%20where%20('1'%20like%20'1

    I dont know why they did that maybe they whant to
    learn some sql inyection techniques (with the cost of
    expose their info!!!) or they want to chalenge me and
    catch me. (I let them some nice messages in the logs.)
    The hole was fixed today (02/06/2001) or lastnight
    very late.

    They havent contacted me. Nevermind, i know what to do
    next time.

    I want to ask you to think about this, because NAI is
    a security related company and i cant believe the way
    they handle security.

         ...Always helping the fools.

    Cesar Cerrudo.
    Parana, Entre Rios.