Re: Comcast man-in-the-middle attack

From: jon schatz (jonat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 17:26:40 PST

    On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 16:08, J Edgar Hoover wrote:
    > I *catch* them snarfing my traffic, and I'm paranoid?

    the more i think about what the privacy policy says, the more inclined i
    am to agree with you. looking back at http://www.comcast.net/privacy/, i
    can see no mention of how any potentially sensitive data is culled from
    the aggregate data collected via the inktomi cache. so in that respect,
    i agree with you.

    i don't think, however, that comcast has evil intentions. look at the
    privacy policy again:

        * Comcast will not share personal information with advertisers,
    content provider, other providers of unrelated services or other
    outsiders without your consent,

    so yeah. but enough of this thread, i've got work to do.

    -jo

    --
    jonat_private || www.divisionbyzero.com
    gpg key: www.divisionbyzero.com/pubkey.asc