Re: /lib/ld-2.2.4.so

From: Olaf Kirch (okirat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 00:27:53 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:43:32AM +0300, Sabau Daniel wrote:
    > boxes and i've been succesfull, please if anyone know how to eliminate
    > this hole in my security give me a replay. If i try to change the mode on

    You can't fix it. You can always do

    	cp file-with-mode-444-perms ./foobar
    	chmod +x foobar
    	./foobar

    Unix file permission bits aren't really orthogonal, especially r and x.
    Even though it may give some admins a deep feeling of satisfaction,
    playing with the r and x bits accomplishes nothing in terms of security.

    Olaf
    --
    Olaf Kirch        |  Anyone who has had to work with X.509 has probably
    okirat_private   |  experienced what can best be described as