XP Screen Saver password uses Old password until logout or New one is used.

From: Ghazi H. Al Wadi [NGHA-CTC] (wadigat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 23:32:42 PDT

    Hi,
    Today I have as usual, changed my PC logon password (XP Home Edition). When
    the screen saver started, I dismissed it and by force of habit, I typed the
    old password. To my surprise I was able to unlock the screen saver using the
    old password.
    I  was able to do that several times, However, once I logout or use the new
    password I am unable to use the old password and have to use the new one.

    The question is , Is this a feature. and from a security point of view
    wouldn't that be a vulnerability. If not is it documented any where. And
    last, was this issue addressed before.

    Kindest regards
    Ghazi Al Wadi