Re: XP Screen Saver password uses Old password until logout or New one is used.

From: John Thornton (newsat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 13:07:14 PDT

    There is no way this can be a feature. Take the following example. A
    computer retail store such as Staples use password protected screen savers
    to secure all of their computers. If they fired a disgruntle employee and
    change all of the passwords he can still come back (Or have someone come
    back for him) and do what ever he likes. Most retail stores do not shut the
    display computers off at night because it just add more to the list of
    things to do so, therefore the old password will always work.

    Not having access to a XP box I am curious to know if you change the
    password three times would the two old passwords work?

    -John Thornton
    Editor in Chief
    Hacker's Digest Magazine
    http://www.hackersdigest.com