Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: Nick Lange (nicklangeat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:48:12 PDT

    AFAIK no...
    BB's bank won't guarantee the Best Buy Card any more, I guess Best Buy made
    too many guarantees or what not, I got a similar notice a while ago via mail
    and was told to reapply for the card.
    as for Kris Herzog's post, There was a story on slashdot.org that while has
    some suspect details [see:
    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/04/24/1818210&mode=thread],
    leads me to the conclusion that every situation is different, so be very
    careful if anyone here chooses to approach the managers at Best Buy. Fear
    and Panic may ensue...
    btw, this thread has been going all day, has anyone confirmed that this
    story is true yet?
    nick