Re: Possible flaw in XFree?

From: William N. Zanatta (williamat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 10:34:01 PDT

       Firstly, thank you for the answers. But...

       You have explained how to start X without letting my console opened
    and that Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is a feature. I already know that. The
    problem I see is: once the X session is locked, it is suposed to LOCK
    the system and don't let anyone just press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and take
    it down. Also it shouldn't let people switch to console by Ctrl-Alt-Fx.
    If it can't have such behavior, using xlock and stuffs like that isn't
    justified.

       Got it?? I'm not discussing on whether to run X by xdm, or by
    console, or even disabling 'DontZap'. I'm talking about one doing things
    when it shouldn't.

       william

    --
    Perl combines all of the worst aspects of BASIC, C and line noise.
                     -- Keith Packard