Re: Possible flaw in XFree?

From: strangeat_private
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:32:27 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:34:01PM -0300, William N. Zanatta wrote:
    >    Firstly, thank you for the answers. But...
    >
    >    You have explained how to start X without letting my console opened
    > and that Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is a feature. I already know that. The
    > problem I see is: once the X session is locked, it is suposed to LOCK
    > the system and don't let anyone just press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and take
    > it down. Also it shouldn't let people switch to console by Ctrl-Alt-Fx.
    > If it can't have such behavior, using xlock and stuffs like that isn't
    > justified.
    >
    >    Got it?? I'm not discussing on whether to run X by xdm, or by
    > console, or even disabling 'DontZap'. I'm talking about one doing things
    > when it shouldn't.

    Unix/Linux is a multiuser system. If a user had the ability to lock the
    system against anyone else, I would call that a bug.

    As it is, a user has the ability to lock its sessions. That's the purpose
    of xlock and likes.

    And if the same user or another user has the ability to switch to a new
    console and start its own X server or shell, I call that a multiuser
    system.

    So, as I see it, one is doing things as it should...

    Regards,
    Luciano Rocha