Re: Possible flaw in XFree?

From: Ross Nelson (coutcinat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 05:37:04 PDT

    On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 strangeat_private wrote:

    > On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:34:01PM -0300, William N. Zanatta wrote:
    >
    > Unix/Linux is a multiuser system. If a user had the ability to lock the
    > system against anyone else, I would call that a bug.
    >
    > As it is, a user has the ability to lock its sessions. That's the purpose
    > of xlock and likes.
    >
    > And if the same user or another user has the ability to switch to a new
    > console and start its own X server or shell, I call that a multiuser
    > system.

    However, the point of xlock is to lock it and prevent things like that.  I
    see what you're saying, but if they can do that then there's no point in
    locking.

    Also, have you tried opening a second X server on one box at the same
    time?  I haven't tried and was wondering if that'd actually work.

    Ross Nelson