Re: Ports 0-1023?

From: Mark Ruth (Mark.Ruthat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 00:32:02 PDT

    Hi,

    did you ever think about the consequences if someone is able to setup a fake
    sshd or
    telnet daemon? Do i hear "sniffing" from uid(nobody) gained trough new
    apache vuln?!
    (just for example, of course).

    Attackers would find a way to kill a process local/remote and setup their
    own
    progs. No need to change the tradition.

    --
    Mark Ruth