Re: Ports 0-1023?

From: Charles 'core' Stevenson (coreat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 13:56:28 PDT

    Why doesn't someone implement an init that intelligently handles the
    privilege seperation using the Linux capabilities. And why not hack
    something up so we can give an attribute to a suid that allows it to
    just change the system time or this sort of thing. I think it would be
    great to chmod +n /bin/ping.

    Just a thought :)

    peace,
    core