Re: Assembler/C References

From: yatima (sa7oriat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 19:08:13 PDT

    y0h,
    	I suggest that if you dont already code much you start
    learning the basics of C. Books I can suggest are any of the "Learn C in
    [insert time here]" books. Then maybe to get past the basics would be any
    of the Richard Stevens' books. For ASM stuff, maybe try the Jeff
    Duntemann Assembly language step-by-step book.If you want to understand
    more x86 Asm  stuff along with logical design, I suggest looking at the
    Donald E. Knuth books.
    As far as Tfiles go, everyone is really quick to suggest the famed
    phrack49 "fun and profit"  article, but the one that has met with the most
    approval (of those I have  suggested resources to) is Mixter's paper on
    Buffer Overflows for Beginners (use google) or
    (http://community.core-sdi.com/~juliano/bufo.html)
    As far as writing/understanding exploits goes, I suggest maybe starting
    with format strings overflows as they are REALLY easy to do, and moving on
    to other things....
    good luck.
    It is always refreshing to hear people humble themselves and ask not for
    help but resources for how to learn. In this "industry/community" there is
    WAY too much ego for so LITTLE talent.