Assembler/C References

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjungingerat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 15:29:07 PDT

    n00b question:

    I'm diving into Assembler and C with the hopes of understanding
    application level exploits a little more in depth.  In your opinion,
    what are the most beneficial references/tutorials/threads/tools that
    helped you get started on your journeys to buffer-overflow-nirvana?
    I've read the Introduction to Buffer Overflow by Ghost Rider as well as
    the Buffer overflow how-to by Mudge, and both were very valuable.  GDB
    appears to be a very strong tool to assist with finding and exploiting
    overflows.  Any additional references out there?  Coding is a bit new to
    me...so like the human torch says..."Flame ON!!!"

    -Jeremy