Query

From: TLR@portcullis-security.com
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 07:51:02 PDT

    I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to get a straw Poll type
    opinion from you guys.

    Recently, whilst performing a Penetration Test I developed a Java script
    which, with the use of some tools, disables a well known personal firewall.
    This personal firewall was designed as is used so that the company can
    centrally control what Hosts and Networks a user can access via the use of
    profiles. Can you see what it is yet? Anyway, would you guys consider the
    ability to disable the firewall remotely a vulnerability or does it fall
    simply in the arena of technique in the use of already existing tools and
    vulnerabilities?

    Cheers,Liam.