nmapwin Scan 10.10.10.* after you install it and start the service.

From: ADONIS SAWAN (vllmeqtd) (vllmeqtdat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 06:37:06 PDT

                               .---------------.
                              /    NtWaK0 Bugs  \
    .

    :
    Affected    : nmapwin
    :
    Type        : Scanning 10.10.10.*
    :
    Date        : 27-07-2002
    :
    Author      : NtWaK0 @ www.SafeHack.com
    :
    .

    +--------------------------------------------.
     nmapwin Scan 10.10.10.* After you install it \
    +----------------------------------------------`------------------------
    .

    :
    +-----------.
    :
     Disclaimer  \
    :
    +-------------`---------------------------------------------------------
    .
    The information in this text is believed to be true based on
    :
    experiments though it may be false. The opinions expressed in this
    :
    text are my own and NOT of any company.
    :
    In Fact I do not work for no one at the present time.
    :

    :
    This material is presented for informational and entertainment purposes
    :
    only, and to satisfy the curious. Any activities described in this file
    :
    which involve vandalism, theft, or any other illegal activities are
    :
    recounted from third-party conversations. I do not condone or encourage
    :
    vandalism or theft. I do not accept any liability for anything anyone
    :
    does with this information.
    :
    Remember: Use a computer in ways that ensure respect for your fellows.
    :

    :
    +-------------.
    :
     Brief History \
    :
    +---------------`-------------------------------------------------------
    .
    :
    NMapWin is a native Win32 front-end for NMap. For details see the
    :
    NMapWin home page http://mypage.bluewin.ch/vogje01
    :

    :
    After you install the scanner and you start the SERVICE/or Reboot
    :
    you will see the scanner get to job and start scanning 10.10.10.*
    :
    Segment (which is not very ethical nor nice).
    :

    +-----------.
    :
     The Problem \
    :
    +-------------`---------------------------------------------------------
    .
    I was happy to see a nice GUI for the popular scanner "nmap" even when
    I use namp I prefer to use nmap on linux (Windows version is slow).

    But after I installed and started the service I was pissed to see the
    scanner start scanning 10.10.10.* WITHOUT I tell it to do so.

    I stopped nmapwin service and MAGICALLY the scan stopped.

    I do not know yet if nmapwin creator do send the scan result out. I have
    to dis-assemble it when I have time (hopefully next week).

    I hope this quick tip help.

    Peace to you all:all
    NtWaK0
    .

    True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing
    that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. --Socrates
    The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
    and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and i'm
    not even too sure about that one"--Dennis Huges, FBI.
    Live Well Do Good  www.SafeHack.com                         |
    Je Pense, Donc Je Suis                                    \(|)/
    |  -\<,                                             Adonis /`\ NtWaK0
    |  0/ 0 Wait I am getting their... -:)
    -=- Use a computer in a ways that ensure respect for your fellow     -=-