Re: nmapwin Scan 10.10.10.* after you install it and start the service.

From: Fyodor (fyodorat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 18:22:37 PDT

    On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 09:37:06AM -0400, ADONIS SAWAN (vllmeqtd) wrote:

    > But after I installed and started the service I was pissed to see the
    > scanner start scanning 10.10.10.* WITHOUT I tell it to do so.

    I would be disturbed by that too.  But in this case I am pretty sure
    it is a bug (really stupid default) and not anything malicious.  I
    forwarded the Author (jens.vogtat_private) a report about this last
    week, and his response (appended) says that it will be fixed in the
    next version.

    I have also forwarded Jens your advisory so that he can respond to
    vuln-dev as appropriate.

    Note that NmapWin does seem to be a pretty good Nmap UI for Windows.
    It is currently a completely separate project, but it may become the
    "official" recommended Nmap Windows GUI.  Of course, I'll be very
    careful that issues like this are resolved before moving in that
    direction.

    > I do not know yet if nmapwin creator do send the scan result out. I have
    > to dis-assemble it when I have time (hopefully next week).

    Note that the source and CVS tree are in sourceforge.  You may wish to
    examine these before going through too much dissassembly trouble.

    Cheers,
    Fyodor
    http://www.insecure.org/

    ----- Forwarded message from jens.vogtat_private -----