Re: [Full-Disclosure] FW: ex-Administrivia - Blue Boar "leaving" SecurityFocus

From: Charles Stevenson (coreat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 18:34:28 PDT

    Arjen, BB,

    On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 12:40:16PM +1200, Arjen De Landgraaf wrote:
    > We are very, very sorry to hear this.

    You will be missed BB. :)

    > Thoroughly appreciated your immense contribution over the years.
    >
    > Thank you for your commitment to the security industry
    > and the millions of IT end-users all over the world.
    > You have made a very powerful difference to all of us!!!!

    I went from zero to hero^H^H^H^H well not exactly hero but I did learn
    a lot over the years from the list. ;)

    > Wish you the very best, and feel very disappointed for Symantec that,
    > as a result they will quickly lose the very essence why
    > Securityfocus has been the focal point for global IT security.

    Other lists will thrive however I think it would be hard to match the
    open subscription policy and find another moderator who has the
    stamina to keep the list on track.

    > So, thank you again for your commitment and enthusiasm
    > over all these years.

    I'll just chime in and also say thanks. I can't imagine how much spam,
    junk, etc. you had to wade through to maintain order on this list. I
    envy your patience and commitment as well.

    Best Regards,
    Charles Stevenson

    P.S. BB: when you get setup again let me know and I'll get you back on
    the list.

    --
      Charles Stevenson (core) <coreat_private>
      Lab Assistant, College of Eastern Utah San Juan Campus