Re[2]: UserID and hashed password for Lotus Domino

From: Philip Storry (philat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 13:03:04 PDT

    Hello HalbaSus,

    Saturday, October 19, 2002, 1:16:48 PM, you wrote:

    H> Hi, I am doing a test for a company also running Lotus Domino. I tried
    H> names nsf yet it asks for an authentification. According to
    H> http://packetstormsecurity.nl/0202-exploits/lotus.domino.bypass.txt
    H> there is a way to bypass the authentification by sending a buffer. I did
    H> a quick perl script that would brute force that buffer and I found
    H> something quite interesting.
    H> An url like http://www.host.com/log.ntf++++x215+++++++.nsf would get me
    H> the same page as www.host.com/log.nsf (any other buffer would result in
    H> a server error) This gives me the feeling that the exploit does work,
    H> and what I'm actually seeing is log.ntf (not log.nsf) but probably the 2
    H> files are identical... or maybe I'm wrong... anyway, could you, or
    H> somebody else concernet about lotus domino security give me a clue about
    H> all this stuff.

    I think you're referring to this vulnerability:
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1&org=sims&doc=0B0C94EBE9401D7B85256B5A006DECFC

    (The URL will probably be wrapped by an MTA somewhere - sorry about
    that.)

    This is cured in Domino R5.0.9, by the looks of it. Which version of
    Domino are you using? Lotus would probably be interested to know if
    there's a version after that which is still vulnerable.

    --
    Best regards,
     Philip                            mailto:philat_private