RE: Covert Channels

From: Roland Postle (mailat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 11:28:55 PDT

    >That's the beauty of it.  As soon as someone picks up on your channel
    >(if ever), you can change the method by simply utilizing another
    >field/protocol and you're back in business.

    Let's not forget this may be a /covert/ channel for good reason. If
    someone notices you're smuggling the data you may be caught /
    compromised machine may be taken back / etc.., and you might not get
    another chance.

    Anyway, I found this interesting paper:

    Eliminating Steganography in Internet Traffic with Active Wardens
    http://public.lanl.gov/mfisk/papers/ih02.pdf

    Ofc, it should really be called 'Limiting the Bandwidth of
    Steganography...'

    - Blazde