Re: Apache 2.x leaked descriptors

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb (bzeeb-listsat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 11:56:29 PST

    On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Christian Kratzer wrote:

    Hi,

    > > If the error log (the only one that is appropriate for the
    > > exec'd program in question) is opened in append only mode, this
    > > seems to be appropriate.
    >
    > the cgi has access to the error log via its stderr file descriptor 2.
    > It does not need access to the file descriptor of the log itself.

    further more via writing to stderr apache has the chance to properly
    format it so that log file analysers can work with.
    Simply writing any data to the open fd might confuse (or even more)
    them as already noted by Steve Grubb I think.

    012 is a good API for such things. Just as a side note: 0 and 1 are
    coverted by CGI Drafts (see http://cgi-spec.golux.com/). Standard
    error is not from what I had seen.

    56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/