Re: shellcode with standard characters

From: KF (dotslashat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 16:07:16 PDT

    JohnnyRun wrote:
    > Hi!
    > This is my first post and I'm looking for some documentation.
    > A friend of mine has produced a segfault with malloc vulnerability on an
    > application.
    > We would like to produce something more interesting.
    > The field overflowed can accept only characters between 0 and 128. Any
    > other character is replaced with a whitespace.
    >
    > Can we inject shellcode with only this characters avaible?
    > Can you suggest me documentation about shellcode writing?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > JohnnyRun

    You should play around with the ABO tutorials by gera of COREST.

    For example
    http://community.core-sdi.com/~gera/InsecureProgramming/abo9.html

    http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Sandbox/SolutionsToAbo9

    I have no clue what language this is but it has solutions to the other
    ABO programs... for some people seeing the exploitation process helps
    them duplicate the scenario on their own box... so sorry if anyone
    thinks I spoiled the fun.

    http://www.moon-soft.com/doc/readelite377385.htm

    as for shellcode...

    http://buffer.antifork.org/shellcode/buffer-i386-raptus.c