Re: nestea2 and HP Jet Direct cards.

From: MrMurphy (jtmurphyat_private)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 13:57:35 PDT

    On Thu, 7 May 1998, Damon Petta wrote:
    > nestea and nestea2 do a number on HP Jet Direct printer cards, I have
    > tested it on a HP 5/si and a HP 1600c with Jet Direct cards in them it
    > locks up until power cycled all of the print jobs that are going to them
    > are lost. The HP 5/si has a LCD on the front and there is an error code
    > that is displayed.

     This also effects Direct Jet EX 3. I would not call it a strech to say
    that all HP JetDirect products are effected.
     The fix for EX 3? Unplug the thing for about 10 seconds and then plug
    it back in.

    Jason T. Murphy | LinuxFreakSecurityBuffNTHater | jtmurphyat_private
      The Linux Security Home Page -> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jtmurphy
        "Life is 10% living, and 90% of how you deal with it."  -- My Dad