Re: Samba problems

From: Hank Leininger (hlein@PROGRESSIVE-COMP.COM)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 05:26:27 PDT

    I contacted Andrew Tridgell yesterday and forwarded him a copy of
    Drago's recent post re: unchecked sprintf's vs. snprintf's.  He
    responded immediately.  Here is a message he sent to samba-announce
    this morning about a new, patched version of Samba.

    Some details from the cvs log:

    "changed to use slprintf() instead of sprintf() just about
    everywhere. I've implemented slprintf() as a bounds checked sprintf()
    using mprotect() and a non-writeable page."

    Hank Leininger <hlein@progressive-comp.com>

    ----
    http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?m=89488564505526