Re: [HERT] Advisory #002 Buffer overflow in lsof

From: der Mouse (mouseat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 23:13:14 PST

    > on linux /dev/kmem is +w for gid kmem, on bsd too (probably, I didn't
    > checked that),

    On what grounds do you think this is probable?  Certainly the modern
    BSDs don't have this particular bug (someone already said FreeBSD
    didn't, and I can say with fair assurance NetBSD doesn't - certainly
    *my* NetBSD boxes don't, and I'm sure I didn't touch that particular
    setting.  Given its genesis, OpenBSD probably not only is safe now but
    has been as long as it's existed.)

    I *think* this may even have been fixed back in the 4.3 days, but I
    can't recall for sure; that was too long ago.

    					der Mouse

    			       mouseat_private