Re: Linux patches to solve /tmp race problem

From: Kurt Seifried (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 23:04:03 PDT

    > PAM handles this quite nicely.
    >
    > I've hacked together a PAM module which sets TMPDIR (and TMP) to
    > /tmp/user/uid, which I could probably make available (mail me if you
    > are interested).  Fixing programs to use TMP and TMPDIR is the correct
    > solution.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Tollef Fog Heen

    No need for that when we have "pam_env". From the docs "This module allows the
    (un)setting of environment variables. Supported is the use of previously set
    environment variables as well as PAM_ITEMs such as PAM_RHOST."

    /etc/security/pam_env.conf

    Kurt Seifried, seifriedat_private
    Securityportal - your focal point for security on the 'net