Re: Cisco device HTTP exploit...

From: Damir Rajnovic (gausat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 23:02:13 PDT

    Hello there,

    At 16:57 03/07/2001 +1000, Marc-Adrian Napoli wrote:
    >i cant seem to recreate this exploit on any of my 1900/2900/2500/2600's?

    I can just restate the advisory, this exploit is dependant on the
    combination of the IOS version and the HW. For that reason a 'magic'
    number is different in some cases. As it seems now, some combinations
    look like immune to this attack. I am not surprised that it is so, so
    you do not have to be either.

    Cheers,

    Gaus

    P.S.

    It was really interesting watching some of "exploits" that has been
    posted on the list. That one really brighten my day.

    Gaus
    Damir Rajnovic <psirtat_private>, PSIRT Incident Manager, Cisco Systems
    <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/sec_incident_response.shtml>
    Phone: +44 7715 546 033
    4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, MIDDLESEX UB11 1BN, GB
    There is no insolvable problems. Question remains: can you
    accept the solution?