Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to script attack.

From: onesemicolonat_private
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 17:31:03 PDT

    TOPIC: Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to script attack.
    ADVISORY NR: 200102
    DATE: 12-09-01
    VULNERABILITY FOUND AND WRITTEN BY: 1; (One Semicolon)

    CONTACT INFORMATION:
    http://onesemicolon.cjb.net
    meat_private

    STATUS: Hushmail.com was contacted on September 5, 2001 using the support form.
    No reply was received.

    DESCRIPTION
    Hushmail.com is a web based mail service that promotes itself as a secure
    solution. This vulnerability was tested to work in Internet Explorer 5.5.

    VULNERABILITY
    Whenever you login to a Hushmail account the inbox is opened. If you send a email
    with a specially formed "from" field, which usually contains a name, you can
    execute javascript, vbscript, etc. on the computer of the person who logged in.
    This also works for the "topic" field.

    FIX
    Hushmail.com has not yet fixed this to my knowledge.

    FINAL NOTES
    Recently a advisory was posted on Bugtraq about a similar bug in Hotmail. This
    advisory was not written because of that. I found this particular problem on
    September 5th. On the same day I contacted Hushmail.com.
    I sent Hushmail a simple proof of concept, because it is easy enough to make
    this work I do not see the need to produce example code. You WILL have to make
    some adjustments on how you send your script to make it work.