RE: NIPC Daily Report, 30 October 2001

From: Toby Kohlenberg (toby@private)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 17:03:43 PST

    On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Heidi wrote:

    > use at present. Yes, they may be taking away nail clippers, but you do have
    > other more effective ways to defend yourself and help others on the airplane
    > if you are in a threatened situation. Certainly with the smart people in our
    > group, there must be some good ideas out there for helping to improve
    > things.  A side note; we have over 35 million laws trying to enforce 10
    > commandments. Heidi

    Crispin replied to most of this more eloquently than I care to take the
    time to. I will reply to a couple things-
    1. I generally carry a knife that I am comfortable enough with that I
    could defend myself or my family if necessary. Now they are forcing me to
    put that away when I am on the airplane, I could start carrying fighting
    sticks, but why?
    2. The fact that the laws are trying to enforce the religious tenants of
    one single religion is one of the biggest problems with those laws. Maybe
    if people weren't trying to force their religions down each other's
    throats, we could spend time doing more interesting things, like say
    playing with big computers?
    Your religion is not mine, so why should Our laws, be based on Your
    beliefs that I do not share?

    toby